Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Friday 30 March 2012

Waiting for O

TTC is a waiting game...waiting for O (ovulation) and then the driving-you-crazy 2WW (2 week wait between ovulation and period).

At the mo I'm waiting for O - today is CD (cycle day) 18 and from past charts I usually pretty much consistently O'd on CD 19/20.  Except for the last cycle it happened on CD 23 - I think the vitex agnus castus or increased B6 I've been taking has something to do with that.

Anyway, I've always only used BBT charting to monitor my fertility, but this cycle I decided to give opks (ovulation predictor kits) a try...just to see if they confirm when my charts tell me that I O'd.  So now I'm nervous 'cause I'm worried that the opks won't show any signs of O.
I've always relied on my bi-phasic charts as 100% confirmation that I am O'ing, because they say your temps are really very accurate in this regard, so I'm curious to see what the opk's will be telling me.

If you're not familiar with opk's, read HERE (point no. 3).

I've taken opks on CD 14, 16, 17 & 18 and they're all negative. Although today (CD 18) there was a really faint test line, so I'm wondering if that means that the LH surge is starting up and gearing for O?  Aparently some people get this kind of slow progression to a full positive O reading, and some don't. Anyhoo, time will tell, ish.

No comments: