Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Natural Fertility Aids - Vit. B6

I started taking Vit B6 supplements about 3 cycles ago when I realized that I *may* have a luteal phase defect - fortunately LPD is one of the easiest fertility issues to cure!

Vit. B6 helps to regulate your reproductive hormones, thereby improving any LPD problems.  LPD makes it more difficult to systain a pregnancy and can result in an early miscarriage.  B6 (or maybe it's the entire B-complex) also makes your wee like a neon yellow colour...so don't get worried if you see that, hehe.

It's recommended to begin supplementing with about 50mg of B6, and then you need to see if that helps, otherwise the dosage can be increased bit by bit until you begin to see some improvement.  The max amount of B6 you should supplement with is 200mg, because I've read that taking too much B6 can actually cause damage.

I began supplementing with 25mg B6 - it was included in a Mega B-Complex supplement I was using.  Then I realized that the zinc I was taking also included 10mg of B6, so I was getting in 35mg B6.  After using it for just 1 cycle my luteal phase was increased from about 9-10 days (on average) to about 14 days - wow! :D  However during the 2nd cycle of use, it went down again to 11/12 days...I'm now in my 3rd cycle of using B6, but I've upped the dosage to 85mg in total, so I'll have to wait and see what happens!  I have read though that it can take a while for some supplements to have an effect on your fertility, so I won't be jumping to any conclusions just yet, maybe it's too early for that.

As a side note - I began taking B6 and vitex agnus castus at the same time, and during the 2nd cycle of use my ovulation was delayed by 3 days (and my ovulation is always on the same cycle day).  So I don't know who's to blame for this, but some have said it's the vitex and someone was of the opinion that it was the B6.  I think next cycle I'm going to stop with the vitex, and until then.....the mystery remains.

No comments: