Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Tuesday 1 May 2012

6 Weeks 1 Day - In Limbo

So all I can say at this point is that I'm in pg limbo . . . don't really know what to expect or what's going to happen or even if it's still going to continue or not.  *sigh*

Anyhoo, went to the GP yesterday to see if they can test to see if there's a problem, but he said there's nothing to test for at this point and nothing can be done or checked for because it's too early.  Hmmmm.  So all he ordered was a blood test to see my hcg levels (pregnancy hormone).  How uneventful.

He just confirmed what I already knew, and that is that spotting is very common and normal during pregnancy, as long as it's not a heavy flow.  He didn't seem to be concerned at all about the fact that I'd been spotting for 11 days already (today would be day 12).  He also seems to be of the opinion that a foetus doesn't just abort "just like that", but I've read otherwise on many different articles.  

I thought he could test my progesterone levels, but apparently he said there's no use in doing that either because we have nothing to compare those levels to, ie to what is normal for ME it seems.  I thought there'd be some kind of standard test to see if it's high enough to support a pregnancy, but it seems there's no such thing.   That's weird, because there must be something you can do to test for low progesterone.

So now we wait.  He says just to relax and quit stressing about it and just enjoy being pregnant . . . ISH.  And there's to be no bd'ing for a while still, until things have settled down. 

I just hope we find out either way for sure REALLY SOON, so that we can just get on with things!  It sucks not knowing what's going to happen.

I'm still doing my bbt charting and I've noticed that slowly over the last week or so my temps are becoming lower, and today there was a big dip (well, I call it a big dip anyway) . . . I don't know if that means AF is on the way or WHAT, but here's what the chart looks like now, since day of O (CD 21):
I'll see what my temp says tomorrow . . . hopefully it jumps back up again. :S

No comments: