Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Saturday 12 May 2012

7 Weeks 5 Days

We just came back from a really great and relaxing holiday at the sea, and I'm happy to say that we're still pg!  I'm really feeling better about this one sticking . . . I'm almost 8 weeks, so I'm hopeful again!

I'm still spotting though, but I've also been told that there are women who spot for weeks and weeks and carry on to have a healthy and normal pregnancy.

Also, I after a week and 1 day I FINALLY got the blood test results! My hcg count (ie pregnancy hormone) as of 30 April is 15 210 - wow.  :D  Last time at apparently 5 weeks, my count was between 600 and 700 . . . I know it's different from person to person and probably pregnancy to pregnancy, but the count I have now sounds much healthier than the previous one. :)  From what I've read, the count should typically just about double every second day, mostly in the beginning.

Anyhoo . . . this has been an eventful week, pg-related that is.  A day or 2 after arriving at our holiday destination I began feeling really queezy most of the day - this lasted a few days but seems to have let up a bit now, I don't feel it AS bad or as much any more.  At about the same time, I suddenly developed lots of food aversions - I can't stomach meat really, I no longer seem to like the smell of brown bread, I struggle to finish a whole cob of corn (which I normally love!) - and I'm still finding out what else I can eat and what not.

I'm happy to say that I can still eat tomatoes, mangoes and apples, which I all like! In fact, I'm now more in the mood for apples than I've even been before.  Oh, and I can still eat oats, which I'm very glad about.  BUT, my chocolate cravings have completely disappeared!! - This is a first for me . . . Actually, just the smell of my chocolate spread made my stomach turn . . . :O  And the smell of a bbq fire sort of makes me feel a little queezy too.   But I still want cream donuts though . . . :D

And all this happened within the last week!  Can you believe it.

Oh, and how could I forget - the fatigue . . . oh my goodness!  I had no idea it gets this bad.  I'm not so much sleepy fatigued, but my body at times has NO energy . . . sometimes even standing is an effort - even sitting.  Now I completely understand why some say they spend most of their time in bed.  ISH.

So ya, baby has decided to really make it's presence known this week, hehe.

I'm about to find out tonight if I can still stomach garlic bread.  I hope sooooo!  And I think tomorrow I should make my yummy-yum mashed potato salad - even though I'm really in the mood to have some right now, I won't know if I can still eat it until I actually EAT it.  So wish me luck, haha.

And I think I burp more.  And for about 2 weeks now or so my nose has been stuffy once or twice a day.  I don't think it's allergy related 'cause I've never had this before but have read that this is ANOTHER pg thing.

Oh, and as of now, baby's about the size of a blueberry. :D

No comments: