Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Thursday 13 September 2012

24 Weeks 3 Days & We Got the Pram

We had our first appointment last week with the Dr who will be delivering Aidan. :D  He delivered my sis-in-law's baby in Jun this year so I thought I'd give him a try too and so far he's nice. :)  Here's a scan he did:
That's his arm and hand there. :D  It was also really cute 'cause we could make out his nose and mouth too - I should have told him to capture that one!  Oh well.....maybe next time.  We could also see his spine this time and yet another confirmation that he's a boy, hehe.  Everything else is fine too says the doc.  He's been in breech for the last couple of scans but it seems that's normal this early in pregnancy and sometimes they only move into the right position within the last 2 weeks or so - not that this matters much to me since I'm planning a C-section anyway!

He said we could see a dark spot where the bladder is which means the kidneys are working and we could see a dark spot where the stomach is which means he can swallow. :)

Our next app is for beginning Oct and then we have to register the delivery and book a bed at the hospital.  I'm choosing to have a C-section so I'm beginning to get nervous. :O  Also hospitals make me nervous. :S  So I already can't wait for all that to be over and to be back home again.  Hopefully their food is good...you think one can request double serving of dessert with the meals?? :)

And we found a pram we like and Weed (aka me dad, hehe - he's been Weed since decades ago, dunno where the name came from) offered to pay for half of it, so we got a really cool pram for half price. :D
It's got brakes, shocks, a mosquito net and even a rain "jacket" to cover the whole pram.  Oh, and little tables for me and Aidan's snacks. :D  And the hippo is what my sis got for Aidan - it's seriously the cutest hippo on earth.  :)

No comments: