Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Sunday 5 August 2012

The Nursery - Part 1 & 2

Here's what's been happening with the nursery since June:

20 June 2012
Today we officially started preparing the nursery. :D  We're actually a room short - our third bedroom is used as a home office / study, so that has to move out to *somewhere* 'cause it has to become the nursery!  So today we were clearing out the cupboard in the study and moving the stuff over to my craft room-slash-guest bedroom cupboards (before which I had to make some space for the office stuff first!).  What a JOB, and needless to say I had to throw some stuff away to make some space, but luckily nothing that'll be missed really.

So here's the nursery BEFORE photo:
 
And this is where everything in the study has to move to . . . somehow . . .
I was thinking that I want this colour scheme for the nursery, except I'm going to add some yellow too, so pastel green, yellow and white - I think the colours are nice and cheery!  And neutral.  :D
We're just not gonna paint the walls green, I'm going to leave them the almond-white they are now - that makes it easy to change the colour scheme later, especially if future-baby wants it's own colour scheme.  So always leave the walls neutral I say.

And I think I'm gonna have green curtains made for the room too.  Here comes more work for you mum-in-law, hehe!

Here's the cupboard that we cleared out (mostly!) in the so-far-still-a-study, so I finally had place for some of baby's stuff that I'd bought already (on the right):

5 August 2012
And the nursery's been set up! :D

Everything's (well almost everything) been moved out the office and Aidan's furniture is in. :D
We still need to get rid of that broken office chair, get some green curtains and get the fabric for the bedding.
And we need to get rid of that office stuff on the wall too - I'm gonna make some cute wall decor for the walls!  Oh, and that table in the back corner there has to be painted white too.
And we had some fun buying some clothes already. :D

Noob Dad decided he rather wanted to move his office to the TV room and not my craft room, so instead we had to move our exercise equipment out of the TV room to make space for the office - my eliptical bike thingy went to the other TV room and his gym stuff moved to my craft room . . . which meant we had to get rid of one of the spare beds in my craft-slash-guest-bedroom.  And the office bookshelf was put in my craft room too:
My craft section of the room is out of sight on the left behind the door, but nothing changed there.
And here's his office now!
There in the back, see?
In fact, now he's got a better view - he can look out onto the garden and pool and he still gets all the warm winter sun too, so, considering the space constraints, all in all I think it worked out well enough! :)


No comments: