Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Friday 17 August 2012

21 Weeks 4 Days & More Nursery Decor

Yesterday we had our 21w3d scan and everything shows that all is good. :)
Heart beat's at 139bpm (the heart beat is that graph thingy at the bottom) and apparently he weighs about 512 grams.  I think that little blob at the top right is his left hand and the big blob in the middle is his chest viewed from the top (he's been bisected in half by the sonar, hehe).  So far the expected date for natural delivery is around 18 Dec, but I'm having a C-section so it will be about 2 weeks earlier.  The further away from Xmas the better, haha!

The other day he really started to squiggle around a LOT more, not just kicking like usual but something that feels like he's doing summersaults or something. :D  Feels weird.  I'm not sure when he snoozes, but it feels like he's awake most of the day and moving around, but I haven't noticed yet that he's moving around in the middle of the night when we're snoozing - or at least he's not kicking hard enough to wake me up. :)

I haven't really gained weight yet - I'm more or less now what I was before I became pregnant, so hopefully this is a good sign that I won't pick up unnecessary weight during the rest of the pregnancy!

And I think I may have exhibited a few instances of what they call "pregnancy brain". :O  The other day I see that my bottle of water is standing in the TV room (when it's supposed to be in the fridge) and I ask Noob Dad if he put my bottle there and he said no.  I have NO memory of taking it out of the fridge and putting it in any other room!  And I know he wouldn't have put it there because HIS bottle of water always stands on the kitchen counter because in winter fridge water is too cold for him so he doesn't drink from my bottle.  How weird . . .  And in the nursery we bought a chest of drawers and Noob Dad opened the draws so that we could air them since they smell of new wood and stuff.  One day he mentions that he noticed I closed the drawers and I said "no I didn't!" and he said well neither did he.  So whether that one was me too I have no idea!  lol  I mean, I'm sure we all do stuff sometimes that we don't particularly remember doing, but nothing as weird as this water bottle incident.  Oh well. :D  Apparently this pregnancy brain thing is your hormones messing around with you and having a laugh at your expense again, combined with the fact that you may be a bit more tired than usual so your brain isn't always as "optimally functional" as it should be, hehe.

And I've made some more decor for Aidan's room. :D  I painted little wooden tray thingies and used them as frames.  Then I remembered that I had the cutest little animal keyrings (and I just happened to have 4, a zebra, leopard, lion and giraffe), so I made them sit in the frames and I think it looks too cute! :D
 
 
I have another wall to decorate so I have to think up something interesting and different again.  Weeeee! :D

Also, we have a HUGE-ass fabric shop that sells not only TONS of fabrics and curtains but just about EVERYTHING else related too . . . yet we couldn't find ANY nice fabrics for the nursery, booooo.  :(  In this post I have a pic of the colour scheme I want, but all the shop has is these nasty bright green fabrics or dark greens that aren't really nice for a baby's room.  *sniff*  So I'm hoping we can find something nice and cute in Pretoria.

RE the curtains, I thought of an idea just in case we don't find nice curtain fabric - we could use white curtains with green net curtain behind it, and on the right and left sides we put some more net curtain over the white curtain and keep them tied to the sides with curtain tie-backs so that it's only the white curtains that open and close - that could work, eh?  But ALL-white curtains, ish . . . can we keep the white, that's the question, haha.  But it's very dusty here so I think even without any help from ourselves, these curtains ain't gonna remain white.  *sigh*  What to do, what to do . . .

No comments: