Disclaimer

Before taking any action based on any info found on this website, please read my Disclaimer first!

Tuesday 12 June 2012

12 Week Scan

So the 12 week scan is finally over and now I can relax more. :D  Here's what we saw yesterday:
On the right you see the head and the 2 hands above it, the stomach in the middle and the legs on the left.

Baby's about 62.4mm big now and the heart beat's at 153 bmp.  And this time we could see the heart beating and the baby moving too. :D  She did some measurements and said the neural tube is 1.1mm and the nasal bone 3.1mm, which is supposedly all normal and good . . . which puts baby at a low risk of having down's syndrome.  She sent me for some more blood tests to make sure that the low risk is confirm even more . . . so now yet another test to wait (im)patiently for!

While doing the scan she also gave her guess as to what the gender of the baby is, but can't be 100% sure yet.  But I'm not gonna say anything yet . . .  hehe.  Since we wanna begin shopping for baby stuff already, we're gonna try to stick with green as the main colour - nice and neutral. :D

Anyhoo, at this point I'm still feeling queezy (some days way more than others :S ), the smell or thought of some foods really makes my stomach t-u-r-n, and some days I'm really tired and I think I'm noticing I wanna snooze more, so I'm not fighting that one, lol.  Apparently I'm to take advantage of that luxury while I still can, before baby arrives, hehe.  And aside from sore boobs, these are the only pregnancy-related things I'm feeling up to now.

No comments: